DOWN THE SWANNY WORLD CUP TOUR 2017
Dear David and Tim
We both thoroughly enjoyed out trip with you , we were very excited about the trip in advance, so looking forward to our first visit to Australasia, and a little worried that we might be a tad disappointed because we were expecting too much. I have to say the experience outweighed all our expectations, we loved every minute of it ( OK the last 5 of the semi in Aukland, and the end of the final could have been improved but outside your scope – I think!!) .
So here goes
Perth – Pan Pacific – lovely hotel , very impressed , staff SO helpful, great start.
– Dinner cruise – very good , food excellent, good start to try to meet new folk
– Penguin Island – excellent trip, fabulous scenery, cruise enjoyable.
Melbourne -Ibis Victoria – excellent location, bar great for meeting up/chilling after trips, well-used by lots of folk ,a good place to build/ make friendships, clean, comfortable.
– MCG visit – excellent
– Yarra Valley winery/bbq – wonderful, a really really lovely afternoon. Was expecting a trip round the winery/vineyards but it wasn’t a disappointment at all. Food was excellent again.
Surfers Paradise – Watermark – lovely hotel, excellent facilities, breakfast deal was excellent
-Horse Spectacular – I really wasn’t bothered about going to this but am so glad we did, an excellent evening,food was good , the show was indeed spectacular, and we were lucky to be there for the centenary celebrations of the Light Horse , very very moving.
– Stradbroke Island cruise – what a day. Beginning to run out of superlatives and only half way through! It was a triumph from start to finish . Perfect for forging friendships , think it was at this point the various elements of the tour gelled/merged and set the tone for the closeness of the group for the rest of the tour. Playing cricket, canoeing, volleyball, eating & drinking together ,we made new contacts & got to know each other better. Fabulous.
Auckland – Novotel – hotel was good. The location was very good, the links to the city were excellent, facilities were good too.
– sightseeing/Skytower – really pleased we were able to do this , it was a very enjoyable tour and we saw so much more than we could have hoped to in such a short stay. The lunch was a memorable experience, food very good , views exceptiona
– NRL clubs – excellent visits, enjoyed both stadia, very different experiences but both were eye-openers ( facilities, arenas, leagues club facilities).
– Beach walk & bbq – loved the walk , the time constraints did impact on this. It would have been perfect to have had the whole day to undertake the walk, stopping & savouring the scenery/beaches/bathing. I realise the time was dictated by the changed itinerary but wanted to be honest about my reactions – and I was hell-bent on doing the full walk once I’d started so it was my choice – although the time/difficulty estimates were underplayed I think.
-Sydney harbour cruise – a definite highlight – amazing. I was really pleased to have the afternoon slot personally , firstly I think evening would have been much ” messier”, and we had chance to walk around in the evening & see more of Sydney ( we took a ferry to Manly) which was less easy if clock-watching for getting ready. Secondly we saw so much more of the harbour/surroundings in daylight. Wonderful food, great guests, brilliant atmosphere. Another triumph.
– Brisbane – Grand Chancellor – best hotel , room excellent, facilities very good, staff lovely, so helpful. Shame not longer there . Good location too.
-Cairns – Rydges Esplanade – lovely hotel, facilities very good, leisure facilities very good, location wonderful.
-Great Barrier Reef – never snorkelled , very apprehensive , LOVED it. Amazing day. Staff on board were excellent – and hilarious. Exceeded expectations again.
– Kuranda/crocodile adventure – was gob-smacked by the scenery, had been told it was lovely , it was beyond that , great experience. The crocodile visit was much much more than we anticipated, there was SO much to see, wouldn’t have missed it for the world.
I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend you to anyone wanting to do a similar trip. I’m already canvassing for the Lions tour , so await news on that front!!
Thank you again for the chance to cross this off the bucket list ( except it was just a taster & now we want more!). Incidentally I asked Chas about feedback so this is from both even though I’ve used the singular in many instances.
You’ll be relieved to know I’m done.
Very best wishes , look forward to seeing you both again before too long
Denise ( Thompson). Leeds.
DOWN THE SWANNY WORLD CUP TOUR 2017
Firstly, we would like to say a big thank you to both you & Tim for the magnificent tour that you organised for us. We had lots of great days out on various types of trips, it was great value for money, there was something for everyone and we made lots of new friends. We just hope now that the lions tour is on in 2019 as we would love to come on another of your tours.
We cannot thank you enough, this was an excellent tour. We never heard anyone complaining, only that they didn’t want it to end.
Steve & Marilyn (Shaw)
WORLD CUP TOUR 2017
Dave & Tim – made our Oz World Cup tour awesome, great organisation great planning, couldn’t fault the whole month.
Met some great people on tour, made friends for ever.
Bring on the next one.
FLYING KANGAROO WORLD CUP TOUR 2017
As i said previously it was a brilliant trip, loved every minute. Met some great people, saw some amazing sights.
Our highlights were the Perth dinner cruise, Sydney lunch cruise
Hobart, as it was a first for us. Loved the day out to Port Arthur (The Weather Helped) and the Chocolate factory, yummy.
Enjoyed the MCG Visit. and the Yarra Valley winery was another messy afternoon.
As for the hotels, they were in line with the prices we paid. All were central enough, and did the job
I will deffo recommend you to anybody thinking of touring, and looking for a package.(Prob join you again in 2019 things permitting.)
Brian Telford Wigan
HULLFC AND WIGAN OZ TOUR 2018
Just returned from a fantastic 2 weeks in Oz thanks to Dave at Catalan tours for a well organised trip. Would definitely book through them again, excellent value for the price .
SUPER LEAGUE PACKAGES
Just returned after a fantastic weekend watching Catalans v Leigh. Organised perfectly, really couldn’t have gone any better (apart from the result) nice to meet up with Dave Foti who along with Andy Walsh at this end have contributed to make this a weekend that we will remember for a long time.
BRIAN GILMAN LEIGH
Excellent service used for the last 3 years and will continue to do so in the future
Thanks for the transfers to Catalan for the Cas game from Lloret I would highly recommend using this company!
KAREN MEADOWS CAS